National trademark registration
The application procedure for trademark protection domestically comprises:
- conducting optional registerability investigations,
- preparing application documents and their submission to the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland,
- responding to decisions and rulings of the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland awarded in the course of the registration procedure.
The process of preparing application documents comprises the following:
- application, including a motion for trademark protection rights granting,
- trademark description,
- list of goods and services,
- drawing of a figurative trademark.
The registration procedure comprises:
- application filing with an according number being granted by the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland on the date of the application submission,
- application filing fee payment to the bank account of the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland according to the valid Patent Office fee tabulation,
- publication of the trademark applying for protection rights awarding in the Bulletin of the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland (after three months have lapsed since the date of application filing),
- a six-monthly period for objections filing by third parties to prevent trademark protection rights granting,
- investigation procedure by the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland for determining statutory conditions for protection rights to be granted,
- Patent Office decision on protection rights awarding,
- fee payment for the first trademark protection period, in accordance with the tabulated fee list,
- Patent Office issuance of a Protection Certificate for the trademark.
The protection right lifetime amounts to ten years counted from the date of application filing with the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland, with the possibility of trademark protection renewal for the ensuing period of ten years.